Have you ever thought about using your bed as a resistance tool?
When we press against an immovable object, like a wall, we build strength. That is called resistance training. Your bed offers some softness and it also allows you to move and press into it while it presses back at you. Here are a few things you can try when you lie on your back.
Gently and thoughtfully
- press the back of your head into your bed or pillow
- press your shoulders backward into the bed
- squeeze your shoulders toward your spine
- squeeze your belly toward your spine
- press your heels into your bed
See if you can press one hip at a time into your bed. Can you do the “wave” with your whole body?
It takes only a few minutes when you are in bed to start to get a stronger, straighter body. When you were a child, you had a strong, straight posture. You were moving all the time. You used all of your muscles. Help your body remember how it used to be. Use all of your muscles, not just a few.